I currently serve as a Lecturer in the Department of Linguistics at Harvard. My teaching responsibilities at Harvard include LING 108: Introduction to Historical Linguistics, which is tailored to undergraduates, and the graduate level courses LING 204R: Topics in Syntax and LING 117r: Field Methods. See below for syllabi.
I also serve as an Associate Editor for the Human Sciences section of the Boletim do Museu Paraense Emílio Goeldi. The journal publishes articles in anthropology, archaeology, ethnohistory, linguistics, and other disciplines. Get in touch with me over e-mail if you have questions about submitting your own work to the Boletim!
From 2018 to 2020 I served as a Teaching Fellow in the Humanities at the University of Chicago. During the 2018-2019 academic year I was a co-instructor for the Core class Language and the Human and also taught two classes of my own design: Structure of Hungarian and Linguistic Minorities and Language Rights in the Americas. During the 2019-2020 academic year I again taught Language and the Human as well as Introduction to Syntax and Historical Linguistics.
While a graduate student at UChicago I lectured the undergraduate Morphology class and also served as a teaching assistant for Introduction to Latin American Civilizations, Contact Linguistics, Aspects of Brazilian Portuguese Grammar, and Introduction to Semantics and Pragmatics. Prior to coming to Chicago, I was a Teaching Assistant in Portuguese at Harvard College (fall 2011) and also taught English at the School of Letters, University of Lisbon on a grant from the Fulbright Commission of Portugal.
Here are the syllabi for some of the classes I’ve taught over the last few years:
- LING 21000: Morphology (winter 2017 quarter at UChicago)
- LING 28310/38310: Structure of Hungarian (fall 2018 quarter at UChicago)
- LING 27480/LACS 27480/HMRT 27480: Linguistic Minorities and Language Rights in the Americas (spring 2019 quarter at UChicago; cross-listed between Linguistics, Latin American Studies, and the Human Rights Program)
- LING 108: Introduction to Historical Linguistics (autumn 2021 semester at Harvard)
- LING 204r: seminar on headedness (autumn 2021 semester at Harvard)